So it’s Friday, and you’ve been through a rough week! Time for a cheat meal, right?! Yes! But it doesn’t have to be a 1500 calorie Monster Burger! Why not make something delicious that cheats a little, but doesn’t cost you two weeks at the gym?!
For my cheat meal this week, I made a tortilla pizza with mushrooms, cheese, and my favorite-pepperoni.
*Calorie Note*: The pepperoni and seasoning are where you will see most of your calories. So if you’re not looking to put too much “cheat” in “Cheat Meal,” adjust your intake for your desired fitness goals, and/or your worthiness. I wasn’t all that worthy of so much pepperoni this week, but I decided to treat myself. 😀
- Porta bella Mushrooms (about a handful–chopped)
- Mozzarella cheese, shredded (about a handful)
- Fresh cilantro (about a handful–chopped)
- 1 (or more) Flour Tortilla(s) or Cauliflower dough (more healthier option)
- Pasta Sauce, Pizza Sauce, Tomato Paste (for a robust taste),
- Smart Balance Butter (it’s the healthiest butter out there)
- Pepperoni (2-6 slices)
- Seasoning (if desired): Nutmeg, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Pepper, Thyme, Dill, Basil, Oregano–or Italian Seasoning if you have it.
- Warm up your non-stick pan at medium temperature with a spoonful of Smart Balance Butter. When that’s warm, go ahead and sauté your Port Bellas with seasoning. You can season your mushrooms with anything, but I like to add a little Nutmeg for a pinch of sweetness.
- Once the mushrooms are slightly crispy, scoop them into a bowl and place your tortilla on top. Let the tortilla sit for a moment until golden-brown and then flip. Once you flip, bring your heat down to Low (or completely off–depending on how hot your stove is), and start adding a thin layer of pasta, pizza, or tomato sauce.
- Next, add your toppings! I like to add a few pieces of shredded mozzarella first, my toppings, and then a few more pieces on top. I don’t completely cover my tortilla in mozzarella though–mostly because we were running out of cheese, and secondly because I like my pizza to have a saucier taste. *Note–You’ll want to work quickly for this step, as the bottom of your tortilla will burn quickly! No one likes a blackened tortilla!*