I posted this photo to Instagram a few weeks ago, and a few of you guys have been messaging me for the recipe! Wait no more, it is here! It’s actually really easy to make and is a great use of your leftovers!
- Seasoned Chicken Breasts (substitution: shrimp, salmon, etc)
- Spinach (a handful)
- Kale (a handful)
- Feta Cheese (a handful)
- Kraft Balsamic Vinaigrette (or any other dressing of your choosing)
- Lime/Lemon Juice (a few teaspoons)
- Montreal Steak Seasoning or Garlic Powder/Garlic Salt (optional for an extra ‘kick’ 😀 of flavor)
- 1 Naan Bread (more if you’re extra hungry)
Step 1: Naan Bread
Step 2: Create your bed of spinach and/or kale and then layer on your chicken and feta cheese.
Step 3: Add some flavor. Grab the vinaigrette and lime/lemon juice for a tangier taste. To balance things out and add a bit more kick, you can sprinkle on some steak seasoning or garlic powder/salt—just don’t go overboard!
Step 4: Enjoy!
Crunchy Pro Tip: Instead of packing on the croutons (and packing on their extra calories), you can take some of your kale and make crispy, light kale chips as an extra topping/snack. Lay out your kale, leaf by leaf, onto a oven-safe dish and lightly coat them with olive oil and a tiny bit of salt. Bake them on 400 degrees Fahrenheit until they shrivel and turn a dark green. Voilá, you now have a side of healthy chips and/or a crunchy topping.
*Note* The smell of baking Kale isn’t for everyone, so you might want to crack a window while baking. 😀